I saw Magic score

Sunday 17 May 2009

Bit of a damp squib

After attending the 'Party in the Park' yesterday, I couldn't help but think that it was all a bit naff. I queued up for an hour, with rainclouds lurking overhead, and must've spent 15 minutes actually inside. It just seemed like the club couldn't cope with the numbers. The stewards looked lost until a certain ballsy female team leader took charge and got things moving. Once we got inside with cameras ready to photograph every nook and cranny, we were walking down the tunnel only a few minutes later. The home dressing room wasn't what I expected at all. Perhaps I thought it be large, and pristine, with lockers and massage tables in the middle, but it looked more like a cloakroom. Hard to imagine players and coaching staff all crammed in for a half time team talk. Anyway, maybe a glimpse of the boardroom would make up for this slight setback. Oh no. The stewards had blocked off that particular avenue also, and before I knew it I was heading out of the tunnel onto the pitch. There seemed like plenty to do, but I wasn't up for queueing in the rain. I took a few photos, saw Ridsdale being mobbed by autograph hunters (well that's what I hope they were doing), sat in the dugout, walked around on the pitch wondering if anyone had dug up a penalty spot, then left feeling strangely unsatisfied.

I applaud the club for making these kind of efforts, and I'm sure a good majority were more content than I was, but it could've been more. Why couldn't it have been 10-4 or 5, or perhaps open the Sunday also. It doesn't matter now. The fans have said their farewells, scored at the Grange End, and eaten their last suspect meat product. So long Ninian Park.

Give it up Gilo. Put down your sword and shield and end this personal crusade against Dave Jones. It's tedious, stale and over the top now. The season's over...get over it. Most of the City faithful have. Yes the team blew it, and the final run in was disastrous and disappointing, so move on. Concentrate your efforts on something else.

We're closing in on a Clingan apparently. No this isn't a plot line from Star Trek, but the possibility of another signing from Norwich. I must admit, he made no impression on me when City met the Canaries back in August last year, but he was a regular starter last season, and could be another decent addition.