I saw Magic score

Saturday 20 June 2009

Stuff and Nonsense

I must admit, I admire Birmingham's tenacity. They're like a dog with a bone when it comes to getting their man i.e Roger Johnson. Nothing's happened yet, and I don't think it will. Why would Big Rog want to go and sign for another Midlands yoyo club when he could plying his trade at the CCS next season. The structure of Birmingham's offer takes the Michael too. They want to pay 1 million up front, then another 1 mill a year until 2012. I don't think this over though. I'm sure Birmingham will test Cardiff's resolve even further.

Next season's fixtures are out, although most of them will already have to rearranged, due to visiting Irish rock bands (if anyone has any U2 tickets for sale, drop me a line) and egg-chasing autumn and 6 nation internationals. Home to Scunthorpe is a decent opener, and hopefully 3 points in the bag from the off. The list of fixtures seemed a bit predictable to me. Plymouth home on Boxing Day and Swansea home early April. The one game everyone has their eye on was the Newcastle away game in early Feb, which I must admit sounds like a good one.

Motherwell striker Dave Clarkson is the latest name to be linked. Aren't we barking up the wrong tree hoping to find another Ross McCormack? He's not that good by some accounts.

The funniest thing I've heard in a long long time is that Inter Milan have valued Zlatan Ibrahimovic at a whopping £80 million. How I laughed. It's even funnier that Pete Waterman trying to pass off a bowl of garlic mash as a starter on Celebrity Masterchef (if you saw it the other night you'll know where I'm coming from) A valuation comparable to Ronaldo but with one slight difference.... Ibrahimovic can barely stand up, let alone kick a ball. If there was ever an award for the most overrated player, he would win hands down, every year for the rest of time. That's what I love about the silly season ....outrageous valuations.