I saw Magic score

Tuesday 18 August 2009

I've just had a vision of the future

Let's fast forward to July 2010. Sunderland have just finished a fairly respectable 15th in Steve Bruce's first season in charge. Michael Chopra has just bagged himself 28 goals to be the Championship's top scorer. Cue frantic speculation about Chopra's return to the north east after only one season.

"I love Sunderland", he quotes. "Don't get me wrong, I love Cardiff City just as much like, but my heart's in the north east. I'd love to go back to Sunderland and prove that I can make it in the Premiership. I know my time there was pretty disastrous but I've got a point to prove. All my demons are behind me, and I feel I can become the player the all the Sunderland fans wish for "

Outgoing Cardiff City chairman Peter Ridsdale accepts a £3 million pound bid for him and says that the club is sorry to see him go, but Michael feels passionate for his homeland and it was very difficult to keep him here.

Cardiff City incidentally, finished the season in an unbelievably-history-repeating itself 7th spot after a 1-0 defeat away to Derby.