I saw Magic score

Monday 12 October 2009

We must be paying Burke too much !!

If Chris Burke is driving around in one of these, then we are paying him too much money. This is supercar territory of around 75-80k. A good player though he is, I didn't picture him driving an overrated Audi. I would've thought he was more of an SUV man myself.

The love affair between footballers and cars has always fascinated me. I think you can tell a lot by the cars players choose. Sportscars = flash, SUVs = road safety/have children, Exec cars = style/luxury. Then again, some players earn so much they can go out and buy one of each.

I also read that Burke has split from his partner (sorry to hear that Burkey) so perhaps it's his way of getting through the pain and he's looking for something flash for the lay-deees. It must be kind of odd to pull alongside an Audi R8 at the lights, look across and see the diminutive Scot peering over the steering wheel. I wonder if Gavin Rae still has his Q7.